Monday, November 15, 2010

Motherhood

Don't get me wrong, every day has it's ups and downs, but I'm grateful to be a mother. It's an experience that I knew would happen one day but it took a long time to get here. Before I became a mother I sure had no idea what it would be like. I think we all thought we knew what it would be like, but we were wrong. Adjusting to having a human being depend on me 24 hours a day 7 days a week was very hard. When I discovered that things weren't all sunshine and happiness all the time with a baby, well it was very hard to come to terms with that. Thankfully I have gotten past those feelings and have been able to see the good in every day with Laila.
One night while we were saying prayers Greg thanked our Father in Heaven for the challenges that Laila brings to our lives. All I could do was smile because I definitely had never been thankful for that. Ever since that night though I have realized that I am grateful for the challenges of being a mother. There are ways you grow, stretch and learn by being a parent that you can't get from anything else in life. I know that being a mother is helping me step closer the the person I was meant to become. Motherhood is my challenge in life but it's a challenge worth going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to BReece59s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones