Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My church calling

I've been in the young women at church for a little over 3 years now. At first I wasn't so excited about the calling when I received it but I am so very thankful for it now. It's a calling I grow to love more and more all the time. Tonight we had our Young Women In Excellence program where the girls get to focus on what they have done over the past year in personal progress. Can I just say that our girls rock! Tonight we had a few of the girls stand up and speak about their favorite things they have done in the past year and what they learned from it and other girls put up displays about what they had done. It's really special to hear such simple and pure testimony. Nothing fancy or overdone, just honest truth about what they feel about the Gospel, the Savior and womanhood. Serving these girls really gives me hope for my Laila's future. This world is so crazy and it's a very stressful thought for me to think about what Laila will have to go through as she grows up. I look at these girls though and I know that if Greg and I direct her in the right ways she will be just awesome. I know all these girls have challenges and make wrong choices, just as I do and as everyone does. I also see how their faith brings them through those challenges and makes them a better person. So so so thankful to have the opportunity to get to know these amazing girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to BReece59s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones