Saturday, November 6, 2010

Music

I love music! It's a blessing and gift that I am thankful for. So much can be said and felt with music. I love singing, although, I do not have the best voice for it. I was blessed to sing in our stake choir for about 2 years and that was one of the most challenging callings I have ever had. I do not read music and naturally I hear the melody of a song but the problem is that my voice is more of an alto voice. In the choir I sang second soprano so it was a good fit most of the time but there were parts that I had to work work work forever on to get. I would sing in the car on the way to and from work and my mom would sit at the piano and pick my part apart so I could get it. I lived music so much during those 2 years and although it could be so frustrating I felt so accomplished after a concert or stake conference.

Confession. Some of my favorite music is Christmas music all the way from spiritual to silly and fun. My official time to start constantly listening to Christmas music is the day after Halloween. My husband tells me this is too early but I don't care. I will listen to it off and on throughout the year though. It lifts my moods and brings a smile to my face. I also love that during the Christmas Season you can hear songs about Christ playing everywhere you go.

We had our 50th anniversary of the North Las Vegas Stake this weekend and tonight there was a concert with our stake choir and stake orchestra. Laila and I spent most of the time in the halls but she actually behaved so good because she loves listening to music and dancing. That is why we were in the halls. She didn't want to be sitting. She wanted to be standing and dancing. I think it shows how powerful music is when a small child is so effected by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to BReece59s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones