Monday, September 13, 2010

Laila is 1!











Well I can't believe it but Laila turned 1. It's hard to realize that the entire first year of her life is gone. Last year at this time I was still extremely overwhelmed at becoming a mother. I was recovering from a c-section that was probably emotionally harder on me than physically hard on me. I had wanted this beautiful little baby for so long. Greg and I had been trying since our 1 year anniversay to have a baby and we weren't blessed with her until the day after our 8 year anniversary. So, I expected to have such a positve and happy attitude when Laila was born and, unfortunately, that was not the case. My life that I had known with my husband for 8 years changed over night and I was not handling it well. Crazy how our biggest blessings can also be are biggest challenges. Thankfully I had lots of friends and family and a good doctor to help me through the depression I was feeling. Now, here we are a year later and I can't believe it all went by so fast. She is such a sweet little thing. She has such a strong personality and a funny sense of humor. She's very independent and has always played well on her own, although, ever since she really started connected that Greg and I "belong" to her, she's gotten much more attached than when she was a newborn. She's busy, crazy, stressfull, demanding, cute, innocent, loving and yes a little spoiled and she's mine all mine and I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe she's one! I remember when you first told me you were pregnant with her, and I couldn't have been more happy for you. Time flies! She's getting so big, and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Listen to BReece59s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones