Thursday, November 11, 2010

The men and women who serve to keep us safe

I am very thankful to all the men and women who work so hard to keep us safe whether they be military, police, or firefighters. I am so thankful that someone out there wants to do the things they do. I am also thankful for their families. I don't know what it feels like to be worried about your husband going to work everyday. I don't know what it feels like to have my husband gone for months upon months fighting in a war in a different country. We have quite a few military families in our ward and right now I serve in young women's with a sister whose husband is in Afghanistan. He has been gone for 2 months and should only be gone for 2 more months. He volunteered to go at this time because he would only have to be gone 4 months instead of a longer period of time. First of all 4 months is still 4 months of being alone. She has 2 small boys that she is taking care of all on her own. There is no handing a crying child over to her husband when he walks through the door from work. She is it. I can't believe the sacrifices she makes so that her husband can serve this country. It is because of the people and those that served before them that we have the freedoms that we have. We in America so often take for granted all of the luxuries we really have in life. Instead we focus on what else we think we need and what else we want to have. We can't just be grateful for the blessings we have every day of our lives. These men and women make our lives possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to BReece59s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones