Monday, November 8, 2010

My body

I am very thankful for my body even with all of it's many imperfections. I say this as I sit here after getting done exercising with Greg. We have decided that night time is the best for us to exercise after Laila goes to bed. I'm grateful that I have a functioning body that allows me to exercise even on the nights I really don't want to. I too often take for granted the fact that I am a healthy functioning person.

I have a friend named Krystal that was hit by a car when we were 4 years old. She was paralyzed from the neck down and has absolutely no use of her arms or legs. I watched her as we grew up and she woke up and chose everyday to smile and to do her best with what she had been handed. She learned to write with her mouth and writes better than I do with my hand. She paints beautifully also. I think often of the the things I complain about like having to go up back up stairs because I forgot something. I am sure she would give anything to have to worry about walking up the stairs. We focus too much on the things we think inconvenience us or the things we think are challenges. My body is far from perfect and I imagine it never will be but I know I need to show my gratitude for it. It gives me the ability to do so much. I'm thankful for the body my Father in Heaven has blessed me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to BReece59s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones