Today I am thankful for service. I was able to provide an extremely small act of service for a sister in our ward today. It was so small that it probably made me feel better than it made her feel but that's one of the great things about service, both parties get to feel good. You start out doing something for someone you feel needs something but in the end you truly receive blessings also.
Tonight for the YM/YW activity we did our annual Bishop's Scavenger Hunt. It's something that our youth have done for years. We split off into groups and get a section of our ward and then we go and collect food from our ward members that can be used to help provide Thanksgiving dinner to our members in need. It was fun to see who could collect the most food and we all got a little anxious going from door to door trying to meet our deadline for time. As we all got back to the church and unloaded everything it really hit me how many families we would be able to help. I watched tonight as family after family handed over boxes and bags of food to us. I watched as some families who really should be the families receiving the food gave more than others. I have to believe that the Lord will take care of these people and bless them for their giving spirits. I'm thankful to be part of a church that is so service minded. Mosiah 2:17 "....when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."



No comments:
Post a Comment