I have tried hard to keep up with putting a post every day of something I am grateful for. I've done pretty good but this last week was a busy one as I am sure it was for everyone.
I love the Holiday Season and I love Autumn and Winter. There is something so comforting about this time of the year. Greg and I were able to spend Thanksgiving dinner with his family and the next day we were able to get together with my two oldest brothers and other family. We also spent all day on Saturday with my dad's family so I have been especially grateful for my wonderful family this week. I don't have to be doing a lot to enjoy myself. I love just sitting and visiting and enjoying the company of others and I was able to do a whole lot of that this week.
I have to say that I am so grateful for how well behaved Laila has been through all of these crazy days. I often wish she would take longer naps but sometimes the fact that she only needs an hour and a half nap has its benefits. She was able to get by on a few short snoozes to and from places and it never seemed to effect her. She was happy and seemed to love all of the attention and little people to play with.
Let's not forget how thankful I am for so much yummy food. I definitely ate more than I should but it's hard not to. We definitely don't cook that way any other time except Thanksgiving and Christmas. I always make homemade rolls for Thanksgiving dinner. Mmmmmmm.....I love homemade bread but rarely make it because all I do is sit and eat it so I really enjoy it at this time of year.
I'm grateful for so much in my life whether it be big or little things. I look around and see all that Greg and I have been blessed with and it's hard not to feel overwhelmed. We have a big warm house to keep us safe from the outside world. Greg has been so blessed with his work and he has always been able to provide for our little family. I am able to stay home and raise my daughter. It's not always an easy thing to do but it's definitely worth it. I wouldn't trust anyone else with her. We have more than plenty to eat and we have all the clothing we need. we have a crazy dog who really saved my spirits when I was having a hard time getting pregnant. We have a wonderful ward family that really love one another and care about each persons well being. We have an incredible Bishop who truly wants to know how you are doing when he asks. He rarely calls me Sister Reece,it's always Becky and I love it. It's more personal and it makes me feel that he sees me as me and not just a member of his ward. I am thankful for my Savior and for the atoning sacrafice he made on my behalf. Nothing I ever do will ever repay the debt I owe him. Nothing I ever suffer will make me know what he felt as he suffered the sins of all man kind. I'm thankful for a Heavenly Father who let his son die for me. I can't even imagine the pain our Father must have felt allowing the Atonement to happen. My life is blessed and my heart is full.



No comments:
Post a Comment